Thursday 31 July 2008

Chapter Five - Holi-Daze


Large Version

Small Version

Okay I've dropped behind a little bit on my posting schedule this chapter (and I really need to catch up) so I decided to try a simpler way of doing the strip this time.
Usually I draw each frame individually on a seperate A4 page and put it all together on the computer. Since it takes me about 30 minutes per frame this way I decided to try doing the entire strip on a single page, which took about an hour or so, but of course there's a quality trade-off since the individual fames are drawn a quarter of the usual size. The quality drop is really noticeable on frames 2 & 7 but it's still better than filler so I may use this technique again in the future when I need to.

On a story note:
After a few jokey strips the story has started moving again.

No comments: